What information we collect and how
The information we collect may include:
- Any personal details you knowingly provide us with through the Website or through any other websites we may be linked to or through one of our consultants or by any other means, such as name, address, email, telephone number and CV (including work, training and education history and any other personally-identifiable information on your CV) etc. It may also include sensitive data relating to you.
- Your IP Address, this is a string of numbers unique to your computer that is recorded by our web server when you request any page or component on the Website. This information is used to monitor your usage of the Website.
What we do with your information
Any personal information we collect will be processed and used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. The information we collect (including, without limitation, sensitive data) will be processed and used:
- to assist us in the recruitment process and associated functions. This involves amongst other things, processing and storing information in order to provide candidates with information about job vacancies available through the Website or other means, or providing clients and prospective employers with identifiable information on candidates with their prior authorisation. We may need to pass the information we collect to other third parties for administrative purposes. We may use third parties to carry out certain activities, such as processing and sorting data, monitoring how customers use the Website and issuing our e-mails for us.
- to assist us in providing clients and prospective employers with market research (such as compensation surveys), marketing analysis and other recruitment services. In this case, the information is used on an anonymous and aggregated basis and you cannot be identified from this;
- to assist us in identifying any issues in relation to the services and products provided to you;
- to assist us in our marketing activities; and
- to monitor your use of the Website solely for internal purposes in order to evaluate and improve the Website. We use the information on an anonymous and aggregated basis and you cannot be identified from this. The information may be shared with selected third parties.
By accessing or using the Website directly or indirectly or by knowingly providing us with personal information by any other means you agree to the disclosure of the data to prospective employers or clients (save the case of identifiable personal information where the prior authorisation of the candidate will be required), candidates, selected third parties (including without limitation, our professional advisors) or affiliated companies and to the possible transfer of such data to a third party in countries outside the European Union which do not have similar data protection laws. Financial Search Limited will not disclose your data to any other third party without your prior consent unless required to do so by any applicable law or regulators, or where it is necessary for the purpose of, or in connection with legal proceedings or in order to exercise or defend legal rights.
Financial Search Limited places a great importance in the security of your personal data and in attempting to protect your personal information against accidental, unauthorised, improper or unlawful access, or use or disclosure, alteration or destruction or loss. You agree and acknowledge that in accordance with the Terms and Conditions, neither Financial Search Limited nor any of its employees, agents, information providers, licensors or affiliated companies accepts any liability for any losses, claims or damages of any nature (whether indirect or direct , special, or consequential, punitive, exemplary, incidental damages whatsoever including without the following being limitative any loss of business, revenue, profits, or data , or wasted expenditure, corruption or destruction of data) arising in contract, tort or otherwise from the unauthorised, improper or unlawful access, or use or disclosure, alteration or destruction or loss of any personal data posted or collected directly or indirectly on the Website or by other means.
You have the right to request, for a fee, a copy of any personal information that we currently hold about you and to correct any errors in that information. In order to receive such information please send your contact details to the following address:
Financial Search Limited
St Clement’s House
27-28 Clements Lane